Saturday, October 29, 2011

"An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language." ~ Martin Buber

Chief has brown eyes. Certainly not uncommon or arresting as eye colors go, but when I look into his brown eyes, there is a knowing. A sense of understanding that can set my heart either to rest or to racing. If it's play or wrestle I seek, I can make a slight change of facial expression and he knows. Those eyes miss nothing. If I'm battling another migraine and feel nothing but frustration with the pain, his eyes are patient and soft. Play can wait, for now. And if I and my hubby are resting, his eyes may be closed but he is still watchful, still careful to protect.

Surely God made this amazing creature just for us!

"Am I camouflaged?"
Right now, my Boy's brown eyes are so drowsy with sleep. He has been awake and playful most of this Saturday. With the Pack all together, he has had plenty of time with his favorite person, J, and more treats than a usual day holds. Our Watcher is going to take an afternoon nap.

No comments: