Saturday, July 9, 2011

My blog is intended to help me remember. I can't remember every thing but I can keep a record to help me and my hubby look back fondly at our journey as a pack with Chief. I expect one day in the future, the far distant future I hope, I will not remember the past. We all forget details of our lives as nature takes it toll, and I've noticed this past year it has become more frequent for me.
My biggest fear is that I will be a victim of Alzheimer's which runs in my mother's family. If that is the case, this blog will not matter at all, but, if old age starts to dampen my memory, I will be able to read this blog and have my Chief right by my side once again. I will be able to laugh at his quirks and sweet personality while marveling at what an awesome dog he was (is). His facial expressions, fondness for food and treats, joy from being with his J, and his affectionate leaning into me are so tangible, I just can't imagine a time without him. But I know sadly there will be. The pictures are of the greatest value to me, and I'm sure J as well.
What I have here is the chronicling of a faithful, loving friend who will forever occupy a large space in my heart.

No comments: