Sunday, June 26, 2011

There is no "Over the Hill" in this house.

Another birthday has cheerfully come and gone, celebrated and honored by my pack. The day started with a fantastic breakfast made by my sweet hubby and was followed by a day of relaxing, swimming, eating and laughing. I've always enjoyed my birthdays, especially after I met and married J. When it comes to wishing me a happy birthday, he truly "gets" it. He has always wanted to mark the day to make it special for me. Love that man.
This year, Chief did his part by giving me a gift and card. Very sweet. His gift was a practical, yet bejeweled purse hook. For those of you who have never heard of such a thing, it's a literally a hook to hang your purse off a table in a restaurant. I have to say, I was a bit surprised he'd had the time to order my gift and pick up a card. He's a very busy guy. Plus, wrapping it without thumbs had to be complicated.
Now that I am 42 and our boy is four - he shares my birthday - we are embarking on another year of chasing our happiness. We will delight in every opportunity to play and work while looking with wonder at those experiences which fascinate us. Don't we all want to wallow in the delight of a sunny day, look for new challenges close by or far away, or just take a lazy afternoon nap? Of course there will be rainy days and slower, more thoughtful days when we will might struggle, but we will forever be together as a pack.
The Boy is stretched out on the couch napping beside me. Once I get up, it's game-on! A new year has begun so let the adventures begin!

No comments: