Friday, April 18, 2008

"No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog (pet) makes you rich." - Louis Sabin


I'm feeling the love for my furry critters today. Chief has been so good with his behavior and training that I believe he is becoming more loving of us. When I get home from work, there he is looking at me with those big brown puppy eyes, big ears flat and tail tappin'. He used to get almost too excited when I'd get home. He'd jump at me over and over to the point that I'd have to yell to correct him, and what's the fun about that for me OR him. Poor guy, but he's just a puppy. But now I think he's learned we will come home to him. He's more secure and settled.

Of course I'm more settled lately because my sweet, considerate husband has been taking on "night duty" with puppy the last several days. I've been able to get uninterrupted sleep for more than one night in a row. I am a little worried about hubby though because he needs that full night of rest. He assures me he's fine, but I still think this will take its toll eventually. I can't have a sick, tired J; he's as mean as a bear when he's tired.

I'd like to give a toot to my family back in NC who are all involved in helping my mom recover from shoulder surgery. A big toot to my little mom. She suffers with chronic back/shoulder and neck pain and recently fell which resulted in a torn rotator cuff. But she's recovering now with the help of my sis and her family, as well as many friends who are so precious. God has blessed us, especially me, with people who are invaluable when I can't be physically there when my family needs support. Mom and sis - HANG TOUGH!

2 comments:

Dinahsoar said...

I had to think who the plural furry critters were...then I realized it was Jay who made it plural...cute.

Chief is such a sweetie, and so is Jay....we love our "boys".

Robin said...

How cute! Loved the picture!
Chief looks right at home.

Sorry I haven't commented on the blog recently. We had a death in the family and got overwhelmed with the details and funeral plans. Things are getting somewhat back to normal now.

Hope your mom's recovery goes awesome and that she gets back to 100 percent.

If you have a chance, if you haven't already checked it out, I posted pictures of my Pete on my blog. He's adorable.